As part of the Production Club initiative, Screen Training Ireland invites you to a free seminar on Design and Construction for film. The seminar will provide an overview of current regulatory requirements, and explore the roles of Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) and how the industry can find ways to adapt statutory construction roles to the specific requirements of film production.
The seminar will cover:
• Overview of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 [S.I. No 291 of 2013]
• The role, duties, responsibilities and liabilities associated with the role Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP)
• The relationship and interactions between the PSDP and the Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage (PSCS)
• The role of the Designer under the Provisions of S.I. No 291 of 2013
• A review of Section 17 of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Ac t 2005 [No. 20 of 2005]
• The practicalities of fulfilling these roles and complying with current legislation within the film industry
This seminar is specifically designed as an info and discussion session only. Screen Training Ireland is developing a wide-ranging Health & Safety initiative for 2016 in consultation with industry. As part of this initiative, accredited PSDP and PSCS training will be available, as well as Safepass training specifically for film crew, and a revised and customised Health & Safety for Production course, entitled Set Pass. Further details on H&S training initiatives will be available over the coming weeks.
*Please note the Sandymount Hotel is 5 mins from Lansdowne Road DART station (near Aviva Stadium) and has complimentary car parking on-site.
Jerry Lucey is a safety consultant specialising in supporting organisations in developing and implementing safety management systems. Since 2003 he has fulfilled the roles of Project Supervisor for the Design and Construction on a broad range of project types including high rise residential, retail, fit-outs, Utilities and within pharmaceutical plants. He currently lectures on safety programs with the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) and a number of private colleges. His consultancy Jerry Lucey Blended Management Solutions aims to simplify and demystify legislation and to help clients to find workable and practical ways of complying.
Jerry holds the degree of MSc in Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Management from University of Portsmouth and a MA in Human Resources Management from National College of Ireland. He is a qualified executive and performance coach.
This seminar is aimed at producers, line producers, production managers, production designers, art directors, and construction managers, as well as production, art department and set craft personnel.
To attend the seminar, please register/apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie Deadline for registration: Friday 22nd January 2016. For further details contact email@example.com; Ph: 01 6775301. This seminar is free of charge.