Screen Training Ireland in association with the Galway Film Centre are seeking participants for a Foundation Drafting Course. This programme is aimed at trainees and assistant art directors who wish to learn the foundations of film drafting and measuring, and those who have done some drafting but wish to bring their drafting skills to an intermediate level.
Please note a second course will run in early 2016. This course will run over a series of Saturdays and will be aimed at people who have completed the foundation course or people who have an intermediate level of drafting experience. This part of the course will focus on drawing a studio set, so good foundational/intermediate drafting skils will be necessary.
The course will cover the following:
Days 1 & 2 [BEGINNERS ONLY]
• Employing equipment and materials correctly.
• Working with scale and measurements.
• Reading drawings.
• Understanding 2 dimensional drawings in 3 dimensions.
• The principles of drafting geometry.
• Overview of Surveying, Equipment & Types of Surveys
• Samples of Survey Notes
• Practical experience of surveying; measuring, drawing and photographing.
• Overview of drawing presentation, dimensioning, style, texturing, titles and lettering etc.
• Practical experience of drawing up of a survey: plan, sections and elevations.
Days 3 – 6 [BEGINNERS/FOUNDATION]
• Introduction to doors, windows, mouldings.
• Practical experience of measuring a door or window.
• Detail drawing of doors, windows and mouldings.
• Advanced surveying (angles & bay windows etc).
• Advanced surveying (levels & stairs etc).
• Drawing arches and other geometric exercises.
• Calculating areas and quantities.
• An overview/discussion on drawing a set for a location build & drawing a studio set.
All coursework is done in pencil.
Please note the 6 day course costs €350. A shorter 4 day course is available depending on ability at a cost of €250.
This programme is aimed at trainees and assistant art directors who wish to learn the foundations of film drafting and measuring, and those who have done some drafting but wish to bring their drafting skills to an intermediate level.
Complete beginners, who should have some Art Department experience, but not necessarily any drafting experience, will complete the six-day course. Participants who have already completed a Foundation Draughting Course and others who have basic draughting and/or surveying skills may join the course on Day 3.
Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie For further details contact Mary Deely at Galway Film Centre. Ph: 091-770748 Email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 4th November 2015.