The aim of the course is to provide participants with information and knowledge regarding general health and safety, and to alert them to their responsibilities and duties as agents of employers according to the Health and Safety Act 2005 as it relates to the film and television industry.
The course will cover the following:
– Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
– Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulation 2007
– Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
– Duties of employees & Duties of employers
– Hierarchy of control, Accountability & Responsibility
– Importance of safety statements
– Understanding hazards and risks, what is a risk assessment?
– Legal Competency
– Role of PSDP & PSCS
– The Role of and forms required by the HSA
– Reporting of Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences to the HSA
– Production Insurance
The course will include a practical recce for attendees to address possible hazards and risks for all departments and cast and workshops for Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
This Health & Safety Awareness course is aimed at persons working in the Film Industry: Production Managers, Line Producers, Location Managers, Heads of Departments and anyone who needs to acquire general information on health and safety at work.