Date: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Duration: 5 Days
Venue: Smithfield, Dublin
- Review of basics of surveying, use of surveying equipment and information that needs to be acquired on a survey, sketching of plans and elevations for purposes of recording data. Use of photography to record detail.
- Introduction to the interior/exterior space to be surveyed with a view to the areas of greatest interest.
- Review of participants’ survey notes.
- A quick review of principles of scale and dimensioning prior to drawing up of the surveys.
- Time to finish survey drawings if required.
- Introduce the main exercise of drawing up of a new set to either complement an exterior space or fit in an interior space.
- Setting up new drawing, choosing a scale and starting plans/elevations of a new set.
- Short slideshow at end of day using an example of a set from Game of Thrones to demonstrate how the design process works from preliminary concepts, choosing a location, creating construction drawings and building the final set.
- Carry on with drawing up of a set.
- Introduction to doors and windows and other important details.
- Discussion of line weight, using texture to indicate set finishes.
- Dimensioning and annotating drawings.
- Introduction to use/need for backing flats, painted backing/translates. Introduction to camera angles, lens tables.
- Review of drawings, Q&A based on participants’ questions.
- Short presentation to finish up.
Screen Training Ireland and are seeking participants for an Intermediate Drafting Course. This programme is aimed at trainee’s, trainee drafts people and assistant art directors who wish to bring their drafting skills to an intermediate level. This includes participants who have already completed the Foundation Drafting Course and others who have basic draughting and/or surveying skills.
All coursework is done in pencil. This course will focus on drawing a studio set.
Please apply online at www.screentrainingireland.ie For further details contact Emer MacAvin on 01 6775302 Email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 12:00 pm Thursday the 27th of April.