Date: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: Troy Studios, Limerick
Screen Training Ireland is seeking participants for a production office programme for trainees, assistant co-ordinators, PA’s to creatives (producers & directors), or those seeking an entry level role in film production. The course – taking place over two days on Saturday and Sunday 13th and 14th May – will cover each stage of the assistant co-ordinating process, and will include both lectures and practical exercises.
Topics covered will include:
- Brief Introduction to the three stages of production – prep, shoot, wrap
- Overview of the role of the production office and production team
- Overview of each department’s function, individual roles and their working relationship with production.
- Assisting the co-ordinator in the set up of the production office, systems and folders
- Ordering process for other departments
- Maintenance of a clean, effiicent and well stocked production space
- Production folder: Examples of all necessary paperwork for trainees and assistant co-ordinators within each sub-folder
- PO system for all production spend
- Travel and Accommodation: The process, paperwork and workflow involved in organising travel and accomodation for cast and crew.
- Script: overview of clearances/negchecks. Distribution of script, revisions and sides.
- Checklist process for gathering crew and cast paperwork
- Explanation of prep diaries, recces, pre-production meetings
- Ordering process of crew consumables and H&S considerations for set
- Daily workflow of production office during shoot, including liaison with set, script & schedule distribution, callsheets, sides and gathering relevant paperwork for progress report.
- Assistance in wrapping production; electronic and physical delivery of wrap files.
- Overview of particular needs of the producers & directors from a PA point of view.
This course is aimed at production trainees and those wishing to enter into a role in film production. This crucial role requires individuals who are organised, calm under pressure, detail-orientated, and great with people!
Please apply online with current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie. Deadline for applications: Tuesday 2nd May 2017. For further details contact Sorcha Loughnane at Screen Training Ireland: email@example.com.