Screen Training Ireland, in association with the Galway Film Centre and the Kerry National Digital Skills Centre, is seeking participants for a Multi-Camera Directing course. This course will focus on multi-camera directing for live factual shows, as well as live and recorded interviews and music performance.
The aims are:
– To develop and refine gallery directing skills
– To learn how to communicate effectively over talkback
– To work calmly to a deadline in a pressurised environment
– To produce original and creative visual and editorial content.
– To produce a detailed and comprehensive camera script
– To work with experienced presenters and teleprompt.
– To lead and manage a studio crew of and liaise with them regarding all technical requirements.
The course will include studio exercises covering:
– Principles of cutting on action
– Scripting a live factual studio programme
– Interviews – live and recorded
– Shooting unscripted music performance
– Unscripted demonstration segments
– Detailed briefings on preparing camera scripts, running orders and time charts and scheduling rehearsals
– One-to-one reviews
– Workshops with course producers and crew members
Following the course, delegates will have gained practical experience and confidence in:
– Devising studio camera scripts
– Planning and directing multi-camera studio productions
– Communicating effectively over talkback with studio crew and presenters.
– Effective use of time and resources.
Directors with experience in studio setting, who wish to move into multi-camera set-ups.
Please apply online with a current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie. Deadline for applications: Friday 8th May 2015. For further details contact Mary Deely in the Galway Film Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sorcha Loughnane in Screen Training Ireland at email@example.com.