Date: Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Duration: 2 Days
The Galway Film Centre and Screen Training Ireland are seeking participants for a Production Coordination training programme. The course will cover each stage of the production coordination process, and will include both lectures and practical exercises.
Topics covered will include:
- Brief Introduction to the three stages of production – prep, shoot, wrap
- overview of the role of the production office, role of the Production Coordinator and the production team
- Overview of each department’s function, individual roles and their working relationship with production.
- Set up and management of production office – physical space, equipment, facilities and team
- Set up of production folder: Examples of all necessary paperwork within each sub-folder
- Crewing the production: Contractual paperwork and unit list
- Cast: What’s involved in dealing with casting director, agents, cast, rehearsals, CANs, contracts, castlists, accomodation & travel, child licences
- Explanation of prep diaries, recces, pre-production meetings
- Script: overview of clearances/negchecks. Distribution of script and revisions
- PO system for organisation and sign-off of all production spend
- Organisation of crew equipment/tools, consumables, and H&S considerations for set
- Daily workflow of production office during shoot, including liaison with set, script & schedule distribution, callsheets, sides and progress reports
- Wrapping up of production, electronic and physical delivery of wrap files.
This course is aimed at trainee and assistant production co-ordinators and those with production experience who wish to work in production co-ordination.
Please apply online with current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie Deadline for applications: Friday 6th January 2017. For further details contact Mary Deely at the Galway Film Centre at email@example.com; or Sorcha Loughnane at Screen Training Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org