Date: Monday, April 25th, 2016
Duration: Monday April 25th & Tuesday April 26th 2016.
Venue: Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2
This two day course will cover the following:
- Working with the producer and other senior production staff to examine or break down final scripts or program ideas
- Drawing up a shooting schedule and estimating cost
- Hiring crews and contractors
- Negotiating rates of pay
- Negotiating and approving the booking of resources, equipment and suppliers
- Overseeing location bookings and arranging any necessary permissions and risk assessments
- Meeting with 3rd party commercial partners and agreeing sponsorship guidelines for the production company, sponsor and broadcaster
- Working with the production company and broadcaster to ensure that all legal, financial and contractual paperwork is in place before the shoot begins
- Increase knowledge of all 3rd party funding and sponsorship opportunities
- Increase experience of ‘drama recons’ that are now a growing format requirement in the factual genre
- Learn how to manage and plan for a big ‘block record’ series both on location and in studio
- Make sure that the production runs to schedule, and reporting to the producer on progress or with issues as applicable
- Managing the production schedule and budget
- Updating the cash flow regularly
- Managing the production team
- Dealing with any ongoing problems on location, with talent and with stakeholders – i.e. sponsors, venues, broadcasters
- Making sure that insurance, health and safety rules, copyright laws and union agreements are followed.
This course is aimed at production co-ordinators, assistant producers or producers with substantial experience and in-depth understanding of the production process.
Please note applicants already employed in production roles and nominated/funded by a TV production company are particularly welcome to apply.
Please apply online with a current CV at www.screentrainingireland.ie Additional documentation – a letter of intent and industry reference should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday April 8th 2016.
For further details contact email@example.com