THE ACE CO-PRODUCTION LAB IN HONG KONG (ACL IN HK) is an exclusive 4-day workshop that will gather a group of European & Chinese professionals in Hong Kong from the 14th to the 17th of March 2016 during the HAF (Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum). This workshop aims to develop the opportunities for artistic and financial cooperation between these two zones and cultivate a better understanding of each other’s professional environment. It will consist of case studies, marketplace presentations, pitching sessions, networking events and one-to-one meetings.
o Number of Participants: the Selection Committee will select 5 EU and 5 Chinese producers
o Application Deadline: 11th January 2016
o Announcement of Selection: late January 2016
o Language Spoken: English
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
Eligibility Requirements for Submission
In order to make sure that the ACE Co-production Lab in Hong Kong is as fruitful as possible for each of the participants, and to comply with our contract with our funder Creative Europe, several eligibility requirements have been established.
The applicant must:
1) be an experienced independent European producer having theatrically released at least one feature film in his/her own country and be credited as the main producer of that film (fiction, documentary or animation),
2) have one feature film project underway for co-production between the EU and China, and be the majority producer of that project,
3) be based in a Creative Europe country.
Note: Priority will be given to the most experienced producers currently working on a live-action fiction feature film.
If you wish to participate in the ACE CO-PRODUCTION LAB IN HONG KONG (ACL IN HK):
1. You must first confirm your interest and request your application form from Ms. Erin Floyd (email@example.com) by the 5th of January. Please include your contact details, a short description of the project you wish to submit and your filmography in this first email in order for us to confirm your eligibility;
2. If you are eligible, you must submit your completed application (form and requested documents, including the script in English) by the 11th of January 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The participation fee for EU producers amounts to €950 (+ VAT when applicable), which includes the return airplane tickets from Paris to Hong Kong (group departure from Paris), the city transfer and full board accommodation.
Any other related costs are excluded and will be the full responsibility of the selected producer.
It is payable by credit card via the Paypal link on our website (http://ace-producers.com/ace-co-production-lab-in-hong-kong-2016).
With the support of in collaboration with