Screen Training Ireland (STI) is the national training and development resource specifically tailored for Ireland’s film and television industry. It was established to provide ongoing training and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen industry. STI delivers structured training to the Film and TV Drama, Animation, VFX and Games and the Television Broadcast Sector. STI comes under the auspices of the Irish Film Board – soon to be rebranded to Screen Ireland.
Marketing and Communications Role
Reporting directly to the Manage of Screen Training Ireland this role provides an opportunity to work across all the marketing and communications of Screen training Ireland including management of the website, generating social media content, web content, newsletters and STI content for industry and public engagement. The role will also be responsible for creating ideas to increase traffic across all of the STI communications platforms, as well as managing STI analytics. The role will assist with preparing press releases and dealing with press queries. Also key to this role will be providing necessary administration support to the STI Training Manager in the design and roll out of activities, initiatives and campaigns. The role will also include managing the Data protections and Freedom of information compliance of Screen training Ireland.
The role will consist of:
- Preparation of annual marketing and communication plan for Screen Training,
- The promotion of training initiatives to the industry,
- Communication with the industry, key stakeholders and wider public regarding the activities of STI,
- To drive the STI social media presence across all social media channels,
- Preparation of innovative content for the STI website,
- Responsible for the use of STI Brand by third parties,
- Working closely with the IFB marketing team on initiatives and cross promotional opportunities,
- Management of the back-end of the STI website,
- Preparation of key marketing materials for STI and also other initiatives that STI engage in,
- Monitoring and reporting on website performance using Google Analytics,
- Preparation of STI press releases, industry notices and dealing with press queries
- To support effective work flows and processes and to provide key support in undertaking strategic initiatives.
- To provide high quality and efficient administration to the STI Training Manager in terms of STI data, industry data and initiatives designed to capture skills gaps and one-off surveys
- Responsible for applications from Film Festivals for funding and publicity and promotion of STI,
- Will act as FoI Officer and Data Protection Officer for STI.
- Excellent computer package proficiency including Word, Excel, Power-point, Survey Monkey and social media platforms,
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be obsessive about accuracy across all marketing materials and communications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a fast-paced team who can contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment,
- Must have a strong client focus,
- Must be able to work to challenging deadlines and work on own initiative,
- Must love communicating and engaging with audiences,
- Must be an ideas person – suggesting and driving new way and means of communicating,
- A desire to work the Film and TV sector is essential.
These positions will be offered at Executive Officer scale. Salary scale will be €29,026 rising incrementally. Annual leave is 20 days and all these posts will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a 6 month probationary period. This position will be a 5 year fixed-term contract – it will be full-time and exclusive. Travel will be a feature of this post.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to email@example.com by Friday 22nd June 2018.
This position is directly responsible to the Manager of Screen Training Ireland. The post will be based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht.